This M&M cookie recipe is pretty quick and easy to make. I used holiday M&M’s, but you can use regular ones, too.
There’s something about one of these cookies that’s just better than regular chocolate chip. I’m not saying there’s a huge difference between the two baked goods, but it’s got to be the M&M’s being different colors or something.
Anyway, this recipe makes 18-20 cookies. More if your disks of dough are smaller.
Here’s what you’ll need to put this M&M cookie recipe together. Using a mixer for the dough might be better than a spatula, but it worked for me.
|What It Is||Name||Where to Get It|
|Cookware||Large mixing bowl||Amazon|
|Cookware||Measuring cup (solids) 1 cup and 1/3 cup||Amazon|
|Cookware||Microwave safe bowl||Amazon|
|Ingredients||2 large eggs||Store|
|Ingredients||2 and 2/3 cups flour||Store|
|Ingredients||1 cup sugar||Store|
|Ingredients||2 sticks of butter (1 cup)||Store|
|Ingredients||1 teaspoon vanilla extract||Store|
|Ingredients||2 teaspoons baking powder||Store|
|Ingredients||1/2 teaspoon salt||Store|
|Ingredients||M&M’s milk chocolate candies, about 1 cup (about 160 pieces for 8 pieces per cookie)||Store|
To kick things off, you’ll need to melt your butter. You could also just leave it out for a while at room temperature but melting it is faster. Also, you may want to pre-heat your oven to 350F before you start mixing everything together since it won’t take too long to prep this M&M cookie recipe.
About 1 minute in the microwave was enough for mine to get melted.
Then, pour it into a large mixing bowl.
Once that’s in there for this M&M cookie recipe, go ahead and get your sugar and 1 cup measuring cup.
Following that, pour 1 cup of sugar into the melted butter.
For this next part of the M&M cookie recipe, get the whisk
Whisk together the butter and sugar for a minute or two so there aren’t any big clumps or anything.
Following that, crack your two eggs into the bowl.
Once those eggs are in there, get the vanilla extract. Measure 1 teaspoon into the bowl.
Mix all that around with the whisk for this M&M cookie recipe.
Once that’s all mixed around, go ahead and grab your baking powder and measuring spoons.
Measure 2 teaspoons of baking powder into the bowl and a half teaspoon of salt (I just shook some in, you can eyeball it too).
Mix that around and then grab your measuring cups with some flour.
Measure out 2 and 2/3 cups of flour and dump those into the liquid mix. Layering them in steadily as you mix it together is best.
Use a spatula to mix it, as the flour will get stuck in the whisk if you try to use that.
So, yea, grab the spatula if you haven’t already for this part of the M&M cookie recipe. We’re almost home here.
Mix that around really well.
Grab your M&M’s and pour some into a bowl, about a cup’s worth. Take a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper, too.
Flatten 9 disks of dough and put them on the baking sheet. Then, press about 8 M&M’s into each disk of dough.
Bake at 350F for 12 minutes, remove and let cool on a rack or just on the baking sheet.
Once they’re done, you’ll have something that looks like the picture above!
M&M Cookie Recipe
M&M Cookie Recipe You'll Really LikeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
2 large eggs
2 2/3 cups flour
1 cup of sugar
2 sticks of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
About 1 cup of M&M chocolate candies. You need about 160 pieces, 8 pieces per cookie.
- Preheat oven to 350F and melt butter in microwave or soften by leaving it out. Whisk that together with 1 cup of sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Crack 2 eggs into the bowl along with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 a teaspoon of salt. Whisk together.
- Using a spatula, mix the wet ingredients while steadily pouring in 2 and 2/3 cups of flour.
- Once the dough is ready, flatten palm-sized disks of dough and set them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. My baking sheet could hold 9 at a time. Press 8 M&M's into each dough disk.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes. Once done, set them on a cooling rack with a spatula or let them cool on the cookie sheet.
- Calorie calculation is at the end of the main recipe (Here). Calculation is an estimate and may not reflect actual calories since cookies will not be exactly the same weight and your ingredients could be slightly different.
- May not make 18 cookies, just depends on how much dough you use per cookie. Could be 20.
Did You Make This M&M Cookie Recipe? Leave a review and how others can make it better!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
|Butter (2 sticks)||1600|
|1 cup sugar||720|
|2 and 2/3 cup flour||1170|
|3630/18 cookies (per cookie calories)||201.67|
|8 M&M’s, 35 calories per cookie||+35|
|Total calories per cookie (with 18 cookies, rounded)||237|